Why the hell are you moving to Boston when it’s so cold and expensive?
- Because Boston is a city of neighborhoods.
- Because Jamaica Plain, the neighborhood where I’ll be living, is a diverse and vibrant place with lots of cool street fairs all the time. This is the first one I’ll go to.
- Because Boston has a great public transportation system.
- Because the public green spaces and parks are everywhere (especially in my neighborhood).
- Because I’d move to a European city if my training weren’t so US-specific, and Boston is the closest thing I’m going to get in the United States. Like in a European city, Bostonians get out of their cars and walk and they keep public spaces nice so people gather there. I love that!
- Because there is a major airport with direct flights to all the people and places I love.
- Oh, and think what you want, but after YEARS of living in little blue enclaves in the middle of red states, I am thrilled to bits to moving to a blue state!